The Louis Armstrong Festival “Experience” is a half-day VIP tour through the different artistic elements of Armstrong’s work in Chicago’s Southside neighborhoods. Guests will enjoy guided tours and transportation through a unique combination of events highlighting Armstrong’s work that will illustrate his legacy in Chicago and in the arts.
Below is the Armstrong Experience schedule of events:
- Starting at Court Theatre, guests will see a matinee performance of Satchmo at the Waldorf and enjoy artwork and artifacts from Louis Armstrong House Museum in Astoria, Queens, NY.
- From the theatre, guests will board a bus to the Beverly Arts Center. The 25-minute ride will include a guided music tour of Armstrong’s musical evolution.
- When guests arrive at Beverly Arts Center, they will be escorted through an hour-long guided tour of the Louis Armstrong art exhibition. This exhibition features original work inspired by Armstrong and pieces from the Louis Armstrong House Museum.
- Enjoy complimentary light refreshments and a cash bar at Beverly Arts Center.
- Guests will receive a thank you gift, return to the bus, and ride back to Court Theatre to conclude the afternoon.